017-337 Patient Care Technician – Med/Surg
16 Hours Bi-weekly including weekends
Assists with patient care and unit activities as directed by an R.N.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Read for comprehension.
2. Write legibly.
3. Effectively communicate with patients/staff/visitors/supervisors.
4. Hear alarms/phones.
5. Clearly visualize monitors/fine print/patients physical characteristics.
6. Process information appropriately (critical thinking ability).
7. Complete skills checklist for this position.
8. Provide nursing care for patients.
1. Exemplifies good customer service.
2. Regular reliable attendance.
3. Ability to get along with others.
4. Demonstrates proficient use of email.
5. Assists patients, while maintaining proper body mechanics, with ADL (activities of daily living), admissions, transfers, and discharges.
6. Reports unusual patient conditions/occurrences to staff nurse.
7. Responds promptly and cheerfully to all requests for assistance.
8. Demonstrates flexibility in job assignments.
9. Follows Standard Precaution/Isolation guidelines.
10. Demonstrates support for nursing and supervisory staff.
11. Has completed skills checklist for unit most frequently assigned to.
12. Demonstrates appropriate utilization and cleaning of supplies and equipment.
13. Effectively completes duty list.
14. Ensures patient safety by utilizing side rails as indicated, completing patient rounds and following fall precautions.
15. Check bed linen and gown every two hours on incontinent patients and change as needed.
16. Ensures proper delivery of: (under direction of R.N.) Bowel Preps, Warm/Cold Applications, soaks, Traction, ROM Exercises, and Restraints.
17. Attends minimum of one continuing education offering per year and Tech Blitz Day.
18. Familiar with fire plan, disaster, tornado, and bomb threat procedures.
19. Maintains confidentiality.
20. Demonstrates good guest relations.
21. Accomplishes goals set for self and by supervisor.
22. The above statements are considered general duties. There will be other assigned duties necessary to fulfill this position.
1. Must demonstrate a helpful attitude and ability to accept direction.
2. Must be reliable.
3. Must be carefully groomed.
4. Must be physically capable of lifting patients and completing job related duties.
5. Heartsaver participant within 6 months of hire date.
6. High school diploma or equivalent.
Position Type : Pool/PRN/Per Diem
Shift : Day
Ref Code: 337
Seth Berry – Executive Dir. of HR
416 E. Maumee St
Angola, IN 46703
416 E. Maumee Street, Angola, IN 46703