017-342 PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN
Cameron Memorial Community Hospital located in Angola, IN is a Top 100, 4 Start Critical Access Hospital located in Northeast Indiana.
PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN
SHIFT: 32 Hours Bi-Weekly, Day Shift, 4-8 hours w/one weekend day every other week
REPORTS TO: Medical Surgical Director
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Delivers high quality patient care that meets the needs of patients and assists with unit activities under the direction of an RN.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Read for comprehension.
2. Write legibly.
3. Effectively communicate with patients/staff/visitors/supervisors.
4. Hear alarms/phones.
5. Clearly visualize monitors/fine print/patients physical characteristics.
6. Process information appropriately and works independently using critical thinking skills.
7. Demonstrates knowledge of general computer skills.
8. Complete skills checklist for this position.
9. Provide nursing care for patients.
1. Exemplifies exceptional customer service and professional mannerisms.
2. Regular reliable attendance.
3. Ability to get along with others.
4. Demonstrates proficient use of email.
5. Assists patients, while maintaining proper body mechanics, with ADL (activities of daily living), admissions, transfers, and discharges.
6. Reports unusual patient conditions/occurrences to staff nurse.
7. Responds promptly and cheerfully to all requests for assistance.
8. Demonstrates flexibility in job assignments/workload.
9. Follows Standard Precaution/Isolation guidelines.
10. Demonstrates support for nursing and supervisory staff.
11. Demonstrates appropriate utilization and cleaning of supplies and equipment.
12. Effectively completes duty list.
13. Ensures patient safety by utilizing side rails as indicated, completing patient rounds and following fall precautions.
14. Administers treatment and personal care procedures to patients including but not limited to feeding, bathing, skin care and additional care to meet the personal needs and comfort of assigned patients.
15. Ensures proper delivery of: (under direction of R.N.) Bowel Preps, Warm/Cold Applications, soaks, Traction, ROM Exercises, and Restraints.
16. Completes minimum of one continuing education offering per year and attends Tech Competency Fair Day.
17. Documents patient care activities in electronic health record.
18. Familiar with fire plan, disaster, tornado, and bomb threat procedures.
19. Maintains confidentiality.
20. Demonstrates knowledge of and a commitment to Cameron Memorial Community Hospitalâ��s guiding principles and values.
21. Accomplishes goals set for self and by supervisor.
22. The above statements are considered general duties. There will be other assigned duties necessary to fulfill this position.
1. High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
2. Must demonstrate a helpful attitude and ability to accept direction.
3. Must be reliable.
4. Must be carefully groomed.
5. Must be physically capable of lifting patients and completing job related duties.
6. Heartsaver participant within 6 months of hire date.
Ref Code: 017 Medical Surgery
Amy Heiney – HR Business Partner
416 E. Maumee Street, Angola, IN 46703