What You Need to Know About the Cameron Hospital Foundation
For more than three decades, the Cameron Hospital Foundation has worked behind the scenes to improve the health and well-being of the Steuben County community. The foundation, which serves as the hospital’s fundraising arm, supports Steuben County residents by providing direct support to the hospital, including the expansion of existing programs and services as well as community education programs.
Here’s what else you need to know about the Cameron Hospital Foundation:
The foundation supports a range of programs designed to help community members and Cameron Memorial Community Hospital employees, including:
- Cameron General Fund: This funding supports the ongoing needs of the hospital. This could include everything from providing funding to help the hospital procure a new piece of equipment to covering training so hospital staff can perform a new treatment or procedure.
- Women’s Health Fund: This fund is reserved for women who are under or uninsured, meaning they don’t have the money to cover necessary medical treatment, such as annual health screenings.
- Nursing Scholarship Fund: The foundation provides financial support and clinical opportunities to qualified healthcare students who come from the Cameron community.
- Diabetic Fund: Diabetes is a major cause of stroke, blindness, kidney failure, heart attacks and much more. Through our diabetic fund, the foundation helps to provide medication and supplies to individuals with diabetes.
- Perinatal Bereavement Fund: This fund helps to support grieving families who have lost an infant.
- Cancer Care Fund: The foundation assists patients with funding for essential cancer needs related to Leukemia and Lymphoma.
- Community Benefit Fund: This fund supports hospital programs and initiatives to improve the health and wellness of our community.
Donations from community members and organizations fuel the work of the Cameron Foundation. By contributing to the foundation, you’ll help advance its work to improve community health and support Steuben County residents. Donations can be earmarked for one of the specific funds mentioned or just given as general donations. Visit the foundation’s website to learn more and make a donation.
If you’re unable to donate money to the foundation, you can still support its work by volunteering. The Cameron Auxiliary is a group of volunteers committed to supporting Cameron Hospital. If you’re interested in learning more about volunteering, contact Auxiliary Coordinator Angie Kresse by email or by calling 260-667-5338.
You can also support the Cameron Foundation in person through the upcoming Cameron Classic Golf Outing. The event, now in its 27th year, supports the hospital’s efforts to bring health and wellness to homes throughout Steuben County. Register for the event as a participant or a sponsor.
Our foundation of friends is what makes our hospital so special, and our donors are among life’s greatest treasures. We invite you to share our commitment of providing the gift of health and wellness to those in need by supporting the Cameron Foundation.
If you’d like to hear more about the Cameron Foundation’s programs, events or volunteer opportunities, visit its website today.
©2019 Cameron Memorial Community Hospital
416 E. Maumee Street, Angola, IN 46703