Updated Visitation Policy, Effective August 12, 2021
To better protect our patients, visitors, and staff, we are increasing visitor restrictions at all Cameron facilities. This is in response to the increasing numbers of COVID-19 cases and the circulating Delta variant.
Areas limited to two (2) support persons at a time*
- Labor and Delivery
Areas limited to two (2) visitors at a time*
- Cameron Medical Offices,
- Urgent Care,
- Outpatient testing and treatment (i.e., lab, imaging):
- Rehabilitation Services (only 1 visitor in the gym)
Areas limited to (2) visitors aged 12 years old and up, only*
- Medical/Surgical Unit
- Emergency Department
- Outpatient Surgery,
*Accommodations will be made for special circumstances.
Covid Positive Patients: One (1) designated visitor may visit the patient during their stay.
- They must stop at the nurses’ station prior to visit. Nursing staff will assist in putting on the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- They may not eat or drink in the patient room.
- PPE must remain on during entire visit.
- They must call the staff when ready to leave the room to assist with safely removing PPE.
- Use of virtual tools to connect with other family and friends will be encouraged.
- Transmission of COVID-19 may occur; the designated visitor should monitor for COVID symptoms for 14 days after last date of exposure and see their provider if symptoms develop
- Those who are vulnerable to severe COVID-19 disease (i.e., immunocompromised) should avoid visiting positive COVID patients if possible.
- All Staff, Patients, and Visitors must wear a mask at all times, in all areas of the facility.
- Mask must cover nose and mouth.
- If a visitor or patient does not have their own mask, a procedural mask will be provided at no charge to the patient. Neck gators or scarves are not appropriate. A mask will be provided on arrival.
- Mask may be lowered briefly to eat or drink. If staff member enters the room, please reapply your mask. Maintain 6 feet distance when masks are lowered.
- All visitors and patients are required to wear a face mask at all times inside any Cameron facility. If they don’t have a mask, they will be given one upon arrival. Failure to wear a mask throughout visitation will result in loss of visiting privileges.
Screening on Arrival:
- Patients and visitors will be screened at the entrance for symptoms or recent exposure.
- Visitors with symptoms or recent exposure will be asked to leave by the most direct exit and contact their healthcare provider.
- Patients who are symptomatic or exposed will not be denied services and will be directed to the appropriate place to wait for services.
Movement within the Facility:
- Visitors must remain in the patient room.
- Cafeteria services are closed to the public.
- Guest trays may be arranged for visitors as needed. May remove mask to eat. Reapply mask if staff enters room.
- Visitor dining will not be allowed in covid rooms.
- Gift shop open to patient visitors.
- Closed to the public.
- Ambulatory practices and administrative buildings are no longer allowing non-essential pharmaceutical representatives, and other non-essential outside vendors onsite until further notice.
We recognize these restrictions can be disappointing to our patients and visitors and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you or your family. The health and safety of you, our patients and care team are our top priority during this heightened time of illness. We encourage you to use FaceTime, Skype and phone calls to visit with loved ones in the hospital. Should you need assistance with this, please let a staff member know.
Cameron will continue to update visitation guidelines to protect patients and staff from the COVID-19 outbreak. Failure to follow these requirements will result in loss of visiting privileges. For the most up-to-date information please visit us at www.cameronmch.com
Patient & Visitor Information
Welcome to Cameron Memorial Community Hospital, where exceptional service and outstanding care is business as usual. Whether you’re visiting our site as a patient or visitor, we want to make finding the information you need as simple as possible.
If you have any questions, please call us at 260-665-2141.
Here at Cameron, we understand that visitation in the hospital is an important part of safe, effective patient care and contributes to optimal patient outcomes. Visiting hours are not specific, but we encourage you to check with the admissions area or the main lobby desk prior to visiting to make sure it is an appropriate time. Departmental visitation guidelines will be considered to optimize patient care.
If you have questions about visiting the hospital, please contact us at 260-665-2141.
Cameron Hospital Gift Shop
The Cameron Hospital Gift Shop provides a wide variety of cards, gifts, and other needs. Staffed by friendly volunteers, the Gift Shop is currently open Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m for Cameron Hospital staff, patients and visitors only at this time.
Cameron Hospital Dining
The Café at Cameron Hospital provides delicious meals to hospital employees, visitors and patients’ families.
Monday – Friday
Breakfast: 6:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
Lunch: 11:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Dinner: 4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Saturday – Sunday
Lunch only: 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
©2019 Cameron Memorial Community Hospital
416 E. Maumee Street, Angola, IN 46703